Add an extra twist to this classic side dish with peanut, sesame dressing
onions, coriander, chilli, lemon.
Serves 4-6 people
- This recipe includes branded content and affiliate links -
700g - 850g potatoes, Home-Guards, Maris Pipers or RoostersScrub, don’t peel, then cut into good-sized chunks, wedges and use a melon baller to create three different shapes1 brown onion, peeled, cut in half, then into thin wedges through the poles
1 head of garlic, skin-on, whole cloves
90g rapeseed oil
1 packet, GREEN SAFFRON Bombay Potato Spice Mix
Ingredients: Peanut Tahini Dressing
70g peanut butter, smooth
40g tahini paste
75g lemon juice
1⁄2 tsp sea salt
Small handful peanuts, roasted, roughly chopped
Coriander leaves, picked
1 fat red finger chilli, finely diced
1 or 2 wedges of lemon
1. Turn your oven on to medium, about 180°C, Gas Mark 4 is fine.
2. In a sturdy roasting dish, mix the ‘Potatoes’ ingredients. Pop the dish onto the middle shelf of your oven, shut the door and roast for about 30 to 40 minutes or until the potatoes cook to just a delicious golden colour.
3. Once or twice during cooking, give them a gentle, but thorough stir. Then turn off the oven and set aside. Keep warm
4. Meanwhile, take a mixing bowl, add all the ‘Dressing’ ingredients, and whisk really well to combine and whip-up. Set aside
Tip the roasted potatoes into a warmed, newspaper and greaseproof paper lined bowl, sprinkle over the nuts, generously drizzle over the dressing (pop any that’s left into a small bowl and serve on the side), then scatter the coriander and chilli, pop a couple of wedges to the side and take to table immediately.
About Green Saffron
Green Saffron is a multi-award-winning family business based in Cork, Ireland. We passionately produce stunning spice blends, sauces and chutneys from spices sourced by family members in Moradabad, India. All products are certified gluten-free, all of our products are suitable for vegetarians, with 90% being certified Vegan Friendly. Green Saffron are equally committed to reducing food waste with pared-back packaging and the perfect portion-controlled that means our products always eat at their vibrant best.