Get creative with some seasonal baking with Aldi's Bunny Bread Rolls recipe – the perfect Easter treat for the kids to enjoy.
20 minutes + rising time
120ml Double Cream
130ml Whole Milk
60g Caster Sugar
320g Plain Flour
½ tsp Salt
1 x beaten egg for egg wash
Extra flour for rolling
30g Dark Chocolate (melted)
1. Add the cream, milk and sugar into a small saucepan and simmer until the sugar has melted.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and ensure that the milk is warm and not hot then add in the yeast.
3. Leave for a couple of minutes until the liquid has bubbled slightly (this shows the yeast is alive).
4. Place the flour and salt in a large bowl and then add in the milk mixture and knead for 5-10 minutes until a ball has formed.
5. Leave in a bowl for 1-2 hours for the dough to double in size.
6. Knock the air out of the dough and knead for a couple of minutes until the dough is smooth.
7. Cut into 8 pieces and roll 6 of them into balls and place on a greaseproof paper-lined baking tray.
8. Cut the 2 remaining pieces into 6 (12 total) and then shape them into bunny ears and add to the dough balls.
9. Leave to rise, covered with greased cling film, for another half an hour until doubled in size.
10. Pre-heat oven to 190C/170Fan/GM 5.
11. Brush with the beaten egg and then bake for about 20 minutes until golden and hollow sounding when tapped on the base.
12. Leave to cool and then pipe eyes and whiskers with the melted dark chocolate.
Aldi is Britain’s fifth-largest supermarket with over 860 stores and 33,000 employees.
The company has more than doubled its market share since 2010.
Aldi is attracting hundreds of thousands of new customers every year with its range of exclusive brands, passing low operating costs on to customers in the form of low prices.
The supermarket believes in making every day amazing and that’s why every single day Aldi delivers on the best possible value for millions of families throughout the UK and Ireland across everything from award-winning fresh produce to world class gin.