They have become a bit of an Instagram hit, so we tracked down Chef Dan Moon from Dan Moon at The Gainsborough Restaurant to find out how to make them. Dan Moon at The Gainsborough Restaurant has been awarded three AA Rosettes and features in the prestigious Tatler Restaurant Guide
1. Slice a fresh lemon as thin as a one pence piece
2. Bring a stock syrup to a gentle simmer and poach the lemon slices until the pith turns translucent.
3. With a fork lift the lemon slice from the syrup allowing the excess syrup to run off
4. Lay the lemon slices flat on a paper lined tray and dehydrate at 50C for 8 hours
5. Remove the lemon slices from the paper very carefully as not to break them. They will crisp up after 3 mins of cooling.
6. Store the lemon crisps in an air tight container with paper in between each layer.
About Dan Moon
West Country born Dan Moon has previously worked at a number of top restaurants where he achieved numerous awards and accolades including The Caterer’s Acorn Award. He has also recently been awarded three AA Rosettes at Dan Moon at The Gainsborough Restaurant.
Taking inspiration from the desire to constantly innovate, Dan uses the best locally sourced produce to create stunning dishes which are delicate, beautifully presented and wonderfully flavoured.
His passion and flair has taken the dining experience to a new level.