Enjoy a tasty midweek treat that will impress friends and family with charred cauliflower, rocket, pomegranate & cashews.
- This recipe includes branded content and affiliate links -
1 head of fresh white cauliflower, green stalk removed, leaves retained
2 tbsp rapeseed oil, and a little more for later
1 sachet Green Saffron Madras blend
Juice 1⁄2 lemon
Juice of 1 lime
1 tsp sea salt
4 tbsp pomegranate seeds
3 tbsp cashew nuts, toasted
Good handful each of rocket leaves picked coriander and mint
1. Set your grill to high.
2. Chop the raw cauliflower in half. Grate one half on the small-gauge side of a box grater, to create a couscous type result. Set aside. Pluck small florets from the other half.
3. In a bowl, mix the florets with the 2 tbsp oil and the spice blend, tip these out into a grill pan and place on a medium rack under the grill. Once the edges of the florets begin to bubble, keep an eye on them and remove when slightly charred. Set
4. Finely slice the green leaves of the cauliflower, pop them onto a charger or large plate, add the grated cauliflower, herbs and rocket. Set aside.
5. Mix well the lemon and lime juices with 2 tbsp more of oil and the salt, pour over the cauliflower and gently fold everything together then dot with the florets, the pomegranate and nuts.
About Green Saffron
Green Saffron is a multi-award-winning family business based in Cork, Ireland. We passionately produce stunning spice blends, sauces and chutneys from spices sourced by family members in Moradabad, India. All products are certified gluten-free, all of our products are suitable for vegetarians, with 90% being certified Vegan Friendly. Green Saffron are equally committed to reducing food waste with pared-back packaging and the perfect portion-controlled that means our products always eat at their vibrant best.