The ultimate comfort food takes a new twist to the fish and chip alternatives to ensure everyone can still enjoy that classic seaside combo of fish, chips and vinegar.
Ingredients (makes 8 fingers):
8 sheets of seaweed (will be sliced into 18 fingers)
½ cup non-dairy milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup dry breadcrumbs
½ tsp mixed herbs
1tbsp nutritional yeast
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C and line a baking sheet with baking paper
2. Cut a block of firm tofu into fingers, and use a paper towel to soak up any excess moisture
3. Cut some sheets of seaweed into rectangles of the same size as the tofu, and press onto each piece
4. In a shallow bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup non-dairy milk and 1tsp apple cider vinegar
5. In another shallow bowl, combine 1 cup dry breadcrumbs, a pinch of salt, 1/2 tsp mixed herbs and 1tbsp nutritional yeast
6. Dip each piece of tofu in the milk mixture, then coat in the breadcrumbs
7. Place the tofu on the baking tray, bake the fingers for 15 minutes before turning and baking for a further 15 or until the crumbs are a golden brown
8. Serve with chips, peas and lashings of Sarson’s Vinegar!