Roast Cornish Lamb With Mammole Artichoke, Fava Beans & Peas
Chelsea restaurant, Daphne's, was founded by theatre agent Daphne Rye in 1964 - the woman who famously discovered Richard Burton. Throughout 2019, the restaurant will be celebrating its 55th anniversary with a series of special events, collaborations and one-off dishes.
For Easter, Daphnes have created a special Easter recipe to try at home and help celebrate their 55th anniversary.
Address: Daphnes, 112 Draycott Avenue, London, SW3 3AE
Recipe | Serves 2
230g piece of lamb rump - marinated in olive oil and rosemary
1 mammole artichoke, Peeled
100g Fresh broad beans, podded
100g Fresh peas, podded
Handful of mint and parsley
30ml white wine
15ml olive oil
2 crushed clove garlic
Salt & pepper
1. In a bowl combine a tablespoon of olive oil and roughly chopped fresh rosemary. Rub the lamb all over with the mixture and cover overnight in the fridge.
2. Preheat the oven to 185°C. Place the lamb in a roasting tray and roast for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to rest in the pan for 5 minutes.
3. Put the artichoke in a pan, cover with water, half of the wine, salt and the juice of the lemon. Bring to the boil and simmer until cooked but still firm.
4. Drain the artichokes, add to a shallow pan with the broad beans, peas, garlic, wine, pepper and a pinch of salt. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add the chopped herbs and mix.
6. Slice the lamb and serve with the artichoke mix pouring over the juices from the lamb.
We are not responsible for the outcome of any recipe you try from this site or any website linked to from this site. You may not achieve the results desired due to variations in ingredients, cooking temperatures, typos, errors, omissions, or individual cooking ability. You should always use your best judgement when cooking with raw ingredients such as eggs, chicken or fish and seek expert advice before beginning if you are unsure. Recipes available on this website HAVE NOT been formally tested by us or for us and we do not provide any assurances nor accept any responsibility or liability with regard to their originality efficacy quality or safety.