Treat yourself to something special with this Almond, Ginger and Honey Panna Cotta with Caramelised Pineapple from Del Monte
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Chilling time: 4 hours
· 20g butter, for greasing
· 4 leaves fine leaf gelatine
· 300ml double cream
· 450ml almond milk
· 2 tbsp runny honey
· 2cm fresh ginger, grated
· 1 can (435g) can Del Monte® Gold Pineapple Slices in Juice
· 50g whole almonds, finely chopped
· Zest of one lime
1. Start by soaking the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes.
2. Place 6 x moulds on a tray then grease each one with a little butter.
3. Add the cream, almond milk, ginger and honey to a small saucepan and gently heat until it’s just about to reach boiling point (be careful not to boil it!) Now drain the gelatine leaves and add them to the mixture so they dissolve. Stir and pour through a sieve into a jug.
4. Pour the mixture into the greased moulds then place in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours to set.
5. When you're ready to serve, remove the pineapple slices from the juice, and pat dry. Place in a pan with a tbsp butter and 2 tbsp light brown sugar. Cook for a few minutes on each side until golden and caramelized.
6. Serve with the chopped almonds, extra lime zest and a slice of caramelized pineapple.
Recipes available on this website have not been formally tested by Chatting Food or for us and we do not provide any assurances nor accept any responsibility or liability with regard to their originality efficacy quality or safety. We are not responsible for the outcome of any recipe you try from this site or any website linked to from this site. You may not achieve the results desired due to variations in ingredients, cooking temperatures, typos, errors, omissions, or individual cooking ability.